Saturday 6 October 2007

after some time

Salaam!
Indeed...after sometime i finally managed to get down to checking my blog again. Its always a nice surprise to see that someone has browsed through my blog and added a comment or two. I think everyone with a blog can understand that excited feeling we get when we know someone else has read our posts and interested enough to make comments.
I believe i have not entered any post since the start of Ramadan...an you know what? this auspicious month is almost over. Its 24th Ramadan today. Ashraf's PMR exam has come and gone...inshaallah i can only pray he will get what is deserving of him - but we are both worried about his Science Paper 2. Both of us cried with worry. Silly us...
Ah yes... now i remember why i was also distracted from sending in a new post. The hot weather in this fasting month has caused me to suffer some set back due to dehydration. But alhamdulillah i m ok. Everything that befalls us is a learning experience, right?
I also finally did something which i now realised i have not done for some time als0 - visit the bookstore ... and actually buying a book. My colleague, Mr. Radha had recommended me a book that he said would be a good read, The Power of Your Subconcscious Mind, by Dr. Joseph Murphy. I did not get the book, but i found another instead. I have watched the book being discussed in the Oprah Winfrey show and it sounded to me at that time...well..readable, and aroused my curiousity somewhat. At the bookstore, i browsed through the book, and thought "o well, i can part with RM 60.00 to find out what this book has to say." But the truth is i am always a victim of my own curiousity. I just wanted to know what the secret is. So i am now the proud owner of "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.
And now...all i can say is the book is worth every cent i put in!!! The secret finally revealed to me, is so simple in its truth, that i decided to try it out immediately. Mashaallah, all praise be to God...the simple truths which i tried to follow actually work! It is all about law of attraction and how like attracts like. Some powerful words in the book too. Feeling that just reading the book is not enough, i surfed its website: www.thesecret.tv and downloaded the secret movie online. I was really motivated, and inspired, to say the least. Motivated enough to get me writing this post in my blog.
So now, I shall try to practice the secret and basically, what it entails is already in the teachings of Islam i feel, as the law of attraction is basically a law of the universe. I truly recommend this book to everyone. It is quite an eye opener, and i believe, if you are looking for "goodness", you will find out how in this book.

2 comments:

Mujtahid005 said...

Sigh; more and more Law of Attraction... jgn mare...

visit my blog sometimes...

bluewonder said...

Salam aidilfitri. Glad to have u back.

if u have time (err..make time pls)..check out my very, very, very close friend's blog

http://www.pausetoreflect.blogspot.com/

hope u had a wonderful raya and maaf zahir batin