Friday 17 August 2007

About Me

Salaam.

From my greetings, you can know I am a Muslim, and sharing the same birthday as Nehru and Prince Charles. I was born and bred in Klang, Selangor, and the 10th child of Cikgu Manaf, who was well known in my hometown as the football referee. My Mom, is a housewife, bringing up all 11 of us tirelessly - 4 boys and 7 girls.

My primary education was in MGS Klang, and then off to Sek. Men. Sains Selangor in Cheras, Then, I won a scholarship to do A levels in Grantham Lincs in England, and then I proceeded to Salford University in Manchester to pursue a course in Biology. It was in my final year that I met hubby, Zulbahri Long who was studying Engineering in Sheffield University.

Unfortunately too, it was at this time that I discovered that I had Glomerulonephritis, or simply put, both my kidneys were failing me. All praise be to Allah, I managed to complete my studies nonetheless.

Upon return to Malaysia, I had my one year tour of Teaching practical from Maktab Perguruan Temenggong Ibrahim in JB. I was the first batch to do KPLI (known as SPLI then).

I lost my first born in 1986, due to my renal failure, had to be on dialysis in 1987 for a year, before alhamdulillah, my older sis, ONI, God bless her, donated one of her kidneys to me in August 1988. Read my post on this...

With my renal transplant, began a new lease of life for me. I further my quest of knowledge in different fields. I have Dip in Islamic guidance and counseling, a certificate in Public Speaking, a Dip in Color Vibration Therapy. My most recent study brought me a Medical Degree in Alternative Medicine from the Indian Board of Alternative Medicine. I am happy to see the name endorsed on my scroll - Dr. Norhafizah Abd. Manaf.

But above all, my career is my passion. Careerwise, I am a Science/Biology teacher, currently teaching in my 4th school. I simply love being around youngsters. To better myself in this field, I have attended the Superteaching Prog, so I like to think of myself as a Quantum Teacher.

Speaking of youngsters, I have 2 fantastic boys of my own, having lost 2 previously due to my state of health. My 2 boys are the gems in my life, the apples of my eyes, Ahmad Ashraf Ilman, 15 and Ahmad Zakiy Mohsin, 11. Read about them in my blog, or better yet, visit their blogs, linked to mine.

I am the kind of person who can't really stay put, not doing anything. However, due to my condition, I cant afford to be too physically active. So my interest lie in the realm of the mind. I love reading and writing, and have got some of my writings published locally and outside Malaysia. Hope to publish a book one day, inshaallah. During the holidays, I try as best as I possibly can to travel, either domestically or overseas, my family's favorite destination being Mekah of course.

My prolonged steroid medication for my kidneys have unavoidably caused some complications to my health. So, really I created this blog just for my personal musings and reflections, hopefully as a legacy I can leave to my boys...and their future children inshaallah. However, should anyone stumble onto this blog, please feel free to leave your comments. It is always nice to have friends visiting.

Salam.

No comments: