Tuesday 21 August 2007

holiday outing

Salam. its the midterm break, so yesterday hubby took the day off to take the boys for a day out with the family - to the Berjaya Times Square. The initial intention was to let my little Zakiy have a go at the Cosmo Theme Park, but for reasons which i would rather not mention (remembering the reasons will tick me off again), the plan was cancelled. After pacifying and promising my baby that we will come again during the year end holiday, things got better when we went to Borders - huge book store..loved it...but even then my big boy complained that he couldnt find the book he was looking for. I found a book which i found very useful to me and my writing, "Breathing Life Into Your Characters", but my God, was it expensive!!! Alas, the idea of probably not finding the book again when i come the next time, sort of twisted my arm..so u know what..i shut my eyes, pursed my lips, took in a deep breath and took the book from its shelf to the payment counter...needless to say, it made a considereable dent in my pocket, considering it is the end of the month. But all in all..i agree with my big boy's comment...IT WAS A GOOD BUY AND WORTH IT! (maybe he was just trying to comfort his poor ummi - literally poor!)
So you know what...for anyone of you interested to know a thing or two about writing and creating believable characters, inshaallah, from time to time i intend to add in whatever bright ideas i can extract from this book, Insha Allah (God Willing). I am a firm believer of the saying: you will not get it until you teach it....or share it...

1 comment:

bluewonder said...

have you finished with your "project???". Bila boleh baca???