Sunday 11 November 2007

MY WITTY, EXCELLENT SON!

zakiy n dad - 2nd trip to madinah -2006
akiy, big bro, and ummi in cameron highlands -2006
baby zakiy - 1st birthday!
zakiy, par excellent- school sports
"anak ummi" with ummi, mekah 2006

HE was born at 11pm, on Tuesday, the 11th day of the 11 month...and today he turns 11! My cute handsome charming baby (i can say all this, after all, he is MY son) - AHMAD ZAKIY MOHSIN, The Witty, Excellent One.


How shall I describe him? Where his brother is more serious, deliberate young man, my baby is best described as a very social, friendly person, easy to talk to and make friends with, not forgetting cheeky...his presence brightens up this house, anytime...

Unlike with Zakiy's elder brother, hubby dear and I did not bother much about looking for a name for him, plus the fact that we never knew his sex right till the day he was born. But I had previously discussed with his dad that since big brother already has a name which means intelligent/learned, I would like this little one to be excellent/one who does good deed/doing well. So we ended up with Ahmad Zakiy Mohsin..and how he is living up to his name thus far...Zakiy means witty...o u can count on my baby to be witty! He is the apple of my eye true to the meaning of that phrase. Where my elder son would say Ummi is sweet, he would say I am enchanting (menawan..his exact words). A real flirt he is...how much more witty could a mom like me ask for...i smile every time i remember it.


And I can surely count on him anytime to help me around the house - to wash the dishes, to help me push off the water on our front porch after it rains, and of course to make my hot tea or cold vico...I can count on Zakiy to do it.


One thing about my boy, my baby...he is so down to earth. He will always introduce himself as the less smart son, big bro being the smarter one. And he believes he has a history to prove it. For all i can recall, i think Zakiy is the first youngster to be expelled from kindergarten!! for failure to count beyond the numeral 3! Well, personally, the problem was not my son, it was the school's inability to accomodate a smart child like my baby! Parents take note: check out thoroughly if the kindy you wish to register your child in has the ability to accomodate multiskilled children. I registered him to UMMI's Kindergarten - meaning i started to train him myself, and true enough, within a week he was up to the numeral 100! and the school said he had learning problems - as if!! Parents take note: always believe in your children's abilities and talents...they may seem too deeply buried initially, but they are there...trust me!


His fast witty comments have always been evident. Once his cousin who was then a univ undergraduate was attending an interuniversities function. So she said it was time for her to "pasang badan", hoping to meet some smart good looking undergrad i presume. Out of the blues, my little zakiy who heard her saying that, interjected,"kenapa? selama ni kak ....jalan bawak kepala saja ke?" much to my hilarious suprise! He was only 3 or 4 at that time.


Well my baby is 11 today...he is much much taller, eating more now, and has gained several kilos much to my delight, and he is nowhere a problem learner or child. He is a school prefect, he conducts the school assembly from time to time, he scores strings of As in exams...he is obedient to his duties to Allah and us, he is my beautiful handsome son, and I am so proud of you Zakiy! And I want you to know my baby, that even if I live till you reach 60, u can count on a kiss on your cheek from your ummi every single day. You are my sunshine, you are my smiles, and when i grow old, tired and weary, i know i can rest my head under your roof. Happy Birthday my darling baby! I LOVE YOU AND I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, AND WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD OF YOU!

2 comments:

Mujtahid005 said...

Isk... i am so touched reading posts like this... u pun know kan... i'm such a nostalgic person, hehe. I LOVE U SO MUCH, AHMAD ZAKIY MOHSIN!!!

Anonymous said...

Uwaaaa... I am so very touched as well! I just wish I could write this well for my babies. One fine day... but 1st I'll need to start polishing my language and literature. Erks!