Monday 31 December 2007

Unforgettable Turkiye (Turkey) - Intro

the formidable foursome...heeheehee...

Unforgettable POTO Turkiy Group:8/12/07-18/12/07
Salaam. On 8/12/07, I left my hubby and two precious boys, and boarded the Gulf Air Flight GF 281 - I was on my way to Turkiy! And when I returned 10 days later, 18/12/07, someone asked me how was my trip. I gave an answer which surprised even me; I said "Fabulotastic!" And you know what? I knew then, I had to share it here in this blog; if not for anyone else, then for my personal musings for a long time to come....share with me...
That Saturday morning, the whole family sent me off and we left home at 7.45 am, stopping first to have breakfast near Mak's house. My luggage was neatly carted off into the booth, the new suitcase with its 4 wheels (for easy lugging around on my own), looked bulky, already full with warm clotihing I had packed for the cold wintry weather in Turkiy, not forgetting some emergency food supply just in case I needed them.
at KLIA airport

the sending off committee

I was the first to arrive at the airport. When I say the first, I mean that I was travelling as a foursome: my brother in law, Datuk Prof. Dr Razak, aka B. Seh; my older sis, Datin Razmah, aka K. Mah; my niece Zura, aka Aisya Sofea and I. So, I hung around at Counter K, level 5 of the airport which was the appointed meeting point. Eventually, someone from the group came, having recognised me by my POTO handluggage. Later she was to be known fondly as the "Tauke Tayar" from Selayang.

Dato'

Datin

Aisya Sofea

All in all, plus the tour leader and his wife, there were 39 of us, the oldest being Mak Bee, around 70 her age is I think, and the youngest, Nabil, 10.

Keep posted. From here, I managed to jot down my posts on my PDA phone on a day to day basis throughout the trip. Read on....

No comments: