Tuesday 4 December 2007

I'm On My Way Now...

Havent had my hands on this blog for some days now. Just too busy preparing for my 10 day Turkey trip. Yup...on my way now, inshaallah Turkey here i come.
It has always been my dream/ambition/wish to go to Turkey and visit the Blue Mosque. If i get this wish come true, then that will be 2 out of 3 "most desired place" i would hv visited; the first being Masjid-al-Haram of course. The travel agency officer says its winter time - double bonus for me...
There is only one snag to this upcoming trip of mine - i am going alone; meaning the boys are not coming with me. The trip costs me rm4318.00, all expenses like ticket fare, accomodation n meals included. It has been many years since I have been in 'winter season', so had to get myself some appropriate winter clothing, then my passport had less than 6 months before it expires. All in all, preparation alone plus converting some cash to USD, cost me an added rm5000. Whatever meagre amount left, is enough only to take zakiy with me. I asked hubby dear if he could support big brother ashraf....simply put he said, "NO!" and he added, one boy doesnt go, then both dont go. What can I say...
So, some may question, why do i want to visit Turkey atall,on my own at that too, when the family is not coming along? Leaving my boys behind? Still i want to go?
I have asked this question myself, and you know what, I must honestly say my answer is I WANT TO VISIT THE BLUE MOSQUE. It has been my wish from as long as I can remember..and now the opportunity presents itself. Perhaps if i hold on now, and save more, then maybe I can take my children along with me, I say to myself, without having to ask from hubby (i try to be as self reliant as possible). But with my condition, I often ask myself will i ever get the chance in future? my blood pressure,my kidney function and cirrhosis are all under control now, i feel fine right now..but i often ask myself, for how long before the cirrhosis decides to make its presence felt - the symptoms to show up. I want to visit the Blue Mosque in Turkey...
I am only a teacher's daughter. I learn from early on in my childhood, you want something, then work for it. I love traveling, I love reading good books, those two things were not easy to come by then. I learn that i must be self reliant, and at that time when I was a littl child, you want to have money, then have a good paying job, you want a good job with a good pay, study hard, do well in exams, get into university, then you will get a good job. Alhamdulillah, ala kulli hal, Allah has blessed me with all this, with all the added bonuses which I am forever thankful for. So, I get a job which helps me make travelling affordable. And i want to travel to see the Blue Mosque.
It is unfortunate my boys cant come with me, the trip would surely have been that much more fun if they came along - just to see their excitement would have been rewarding in itself I am sure. But as it is, they cant come, and i cant just take one of them..they are part of two. I am sorry boys, but I hope you guys will understand why I have to do this...this is a part of my life I want accomplished, before...before whatever the future holds for us we do not know... and I know you guys wont mind. And yes, we'll start saving for spain and morocco, i know you guys dont want to miss out on that... just pray that my "project" works okay...that can speed up a bit our savings guys...Inshaallah.
I can only guess what my siblings are saying, but this is something I Want To Do - for myself. God Willing, in future I will go with the boys... on other trips.
So, if all is well, inshaallah, this Saturday, 8/12 i will be On My Way to Turkey, making stop at Bahrain en route. Whatever, all praise be to Allah, Alhamdulillah, for giving me the means n the opportunity...if all goes well, it will be another of my wishes/prayers that Allah has yet again answered...alhamdulillah. I now pray that the trip will be a safe and enjoyable one, one that will remain in my memories for all times.
By the way, Datin sis Hajjah Razmah, and hubby, Dato Prof Dr. Hj Abd. Razak and niece, Hanizura Jamaludin, will be coming as well. I look forward to an enjoyable, adventurous trip with you guys...
So till the next post, inshaallah....

2 comments:

bluewonder said...

Nak ikuttttttt!

bluewonder said...

just to let u know... u've been tagged!

Go to my blog and check out the tag ok