Saturday 10 May 2008

The New House is Ready...finally!

Salaam. At last...at long last, today hubby and I went to see Mr. SK Lau, the site supervisor to the new house which I bought...like 4 years ago...and which was supposed to be ready in March 2005...to perform our final inspection.
Alhamdulillah, our patience has finally paid off, by the Will of Allah. It is not that we are desperate to move out..it is just that the kids were saying that, with our present home, the only place they can go to is up and down..up and down. They don't go out of the house much, mainly because the front porch is always blocked by the car, which leaves very small space to do much else. Outside the gates ...well, it is not their habits in the first place to roam out of the gates.
So, it was one evening, 4 years ago, that the boys and I were as usual unwinding at Tesco on the way back home from their school, that we saw this kiosk advertising a new housing area, in Andalas Jaya, very close to Andalas area. I have always liked living in Andalas, after all, the housing area was named by beloved Abah himself many years ago.
So back to the kiosk story. The boys and I noticed that the area was ideal enough, and the houses sold were proposed semi-D's. Hmm...interesting, we thought. Then we looked at the price range, and with a little mental calculation, I deduced my loan legibility could well cover the price. So, after discussing the issue over dinner at KFC with the boys, we decided to simply fill in the booking form first at no cost, with the understanding that, should we agree to purchase the house, a booking fee of rm2000 was necessary.
Back home, the meeting and discussion was further brought to hubby's attention, the house plan and area presented to him...for the final nod.
And so, that was how, by the Will of Allah, we came to own this house in Andalas Jaya. Between the kids and I, up till today, they would laugh when they remember how Ummi.."does not only shop for groceries at Tesco, she even bought a house at Tesco..."
Unfortunately, the happy eager wait turned to anxiety, and then plain worry..and finally graduated to, "it'll be ready when its ready...". Ashraf has finished his pmr, Zakiy will be going to form 1 soon, and only now it looks as if we are finally going to shift in by June, I'nshaallah. All their eager excited talks have quietly faded away, and they are not as excited as they were 4 years ago when we booked the house. They have grown up since..but I believe once the moving house fever is on...they will catch up again on the excitement and thrill of moving into a new home. At least today, I hear Ashraf thinking out loud of getting a new study table for his new room, and Zakiy has never forgotten my promise to get him a bicycle once we move in to this new housing area, which is definitely more quiet and safer in terms of traffic for him to ride his bike outside the gates. My only wish is that, my boys' dreams of inviting their friends over and having tea in the front lawn, without disturbing Ummi's privacy inside the house will come true for them soon. Ashraf will be in his final year of secondary school soon enough.
And finally, you know what? As far as I am personally concerned, I am just glad that I am earning enough to provide for my kids...and my family. All praise be to Allah...

No comments: