Tuesday 19 August 2008

20 years

Salaam. today marks the 20th year of my renal transplant. The first renal transplant in Malaysia was performed 16 years before my renal transplant! I hope the man is still doing okay. Whatever it is, God has been kind to all of us.

I had forgotten about today, until, this morning, when, during my extra Biology class with 13/27 students came for the extra class (not bad, just below 50% attendance), by the name of Yuthisthran, was given a happy 17th birthday wish. When told of the date today, it came rushing back to me about the importance of this day.

And so, after lunch, I went to Secret Recipe and bought a delicious Banana Chocolate cake to celebrate with most beloved sister, donor, ONI who happened to be at her daughter's house, Emma, together with her 2 grandsons, Imran and Adam.

And so we had what turned out to be a little cosy yet merry party to celebrate the 20th year of my renal transplant.

But you know what, I think I am going to make a little bit more elaborate "makan" for this occasion for the rest of my siblings, seeing that Ramadhan is now just round the corner...if Allah so Wills.

a special thank you cake for a very special donor!

Sis Oni cutting the "transplant cake!"

Donor sis and recipient me together...after 20 years...

No comments: