Saturday 16 August 2008

mid term school break!

Salaam, usually I would be elated whenever school break comes. But this time, I am just relieved it is finally here. Too much work in school, plus the impending tension of my baby's upcoming UPSR exams. He got 4As and a B for his trial - which is a bit upsetting for me...hopefully he will perform better for his real exams. And then as soon as school reopens, big boy will be facing his trial SMA exams. I hope he will perform better than little brother. So, there wont be any distant traveling throughout this holiday. Not even for my niece Ana's engagement event in Kuala Terengganu tomorrow. Sorry Ana...but anyway, congrats!

And you know what? It is as if the system is envious of us teachers enjoying a holiday. As usual, I am bogged down with exam papers to mark..the PMR trials. And on top of that I am going to do extra Biology classes for the 5th formers in school, beginning Tuesday right up to Friday. I don't really mind that actually because that would help me catch up with the syllabus with those boys. The only worrying thing is the turn up on Tuesday. I just hope they will all turn up and remain steadfast for the rest of the 3 days. But before that, on Monday I have yet to go for my routine medical check up. Pray God that all will be well.

But one thing is for sure, I am going to utilise this holiday maximally with writing as much as I can with my second novel, Inshaallah. Because you know what???? Yea...I have just received my first advanced royalty for my first novel. And you know what that means? It means that inshaallah, my book is that close to being in the book stores. O God ..I am soooo excited. To all friends and family who happen to read this post...please please please support me and get a copy for yourselves okay. ;-)

O and one more thing, Mak, will be released from hospital today, after 1 week in hospital because of atrial fibrillation. She is now put on Warfarin, which renders her blood thin, so we must all make sure that she doesn't injure herself. All praise be to Allah, hope she will feel better now. Is there anybody out there who knows about warfarin and advise me on it? Its pros and cons... or direct me to a good website to enlighten me on the matter?

Okay..gotta get back to my second novel, while I am still in the mood. Somebody asked me how far I am with the second novel...its progressing ... its progressing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are asking for more advice on warfarin? I thot I've given you my piece? L.O.L! Hari tu bagi free consultation lagi over the phone... hope you have a good break...

The Guarding Light said...

to ex-student@v good doctor...
indeed you have, but alas..the human mind...memory fails...THANKS A BILLION once again...