Friday 7 March 2008

The Day Before...

Salaam. Today the midterm school break starts. It has been brought forward 1 day earlier, to make room for tomorrow's polling day. Although I am not that filled with overwhelming suspense, others I know are waiting anxiously. Still, all over, the voting fever is on...
In school I watch not the teachers, (who have been strictly forewarned to remain neutral...or else), but the students who are somewhat excited about the upcoming polling day. I think it is a healthy sign, that youngsters and teenagers nowadays are more alert and aware as to what the polling day means, and as to what the results of the votes constitute to. In classrooms, I overhear opinions and debates going on, refraining to join in the conversations myself and voicing my opinions. Students come up to me and lobby me to vote for this party or that. I say the safest answer, "my vote is private." In one classroom that I entered, I had to make the students rub the notice board which had different party symbols drawn. Trying to remain indifferent, I am inwardly proud and pleased that those youngsters are at least aware that this is a big event. It gives me hope that at least there will be future generations who are aware of the political goings on in this country. Not just the "rempits", and the "grungies".
At home, my own two youngsters I think are more excited than their parents. eager to follow us to the station where we are supposed to cast our votes tomorrow. This will be their first experience, and I am glad they are taking this voting day seriously, and that they have questions of their own. I know they will learn a thing or two tomorrow. I am just glad that my children share their parents views and opinions.
As for hubby and I, we will perform our duties to Malaysia tomorrow Inshaallah. After living for nearly half a century in Malaysia, we believe we know what we want Malaysia to head towards. We hold dear to the saying, it is we, the people who make the nation, it is God who created Malaysia and its people, so this voting for me would mean to fulfill my duty to God and to Malaysia and Malaysians - for our own peace, stability and welfare. May Allah be pleased with my vote.
Good luck to Malaysia tomorrow...and Allah Knows Best.

No comments: